Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, May 14, 2009

    CWU seeks Govt intervention to protect Eircom


    So The Communications Workers Union is looking for special treatment for Eircom by the Government for the good of the economy because they believe the company is part of Ireland's national infrastructure.

    While I understand where they are trying to coming from such a move would be anti-competitive in relation to holding up a private company, if a company has 3.8billion in debt and needs to cut costs then cutting 1,200 jobs is going to have to happen.

    I'm sure the CWU would be extremely happy if Smart Telecom or BT received Government backing and had some bad debts wiped off.

    My guess is the EU won't allow any such action by the government and rightly so in my view.

    No comments: